Master craftsmen will show you the proper way of rolling a cigar.
Visit the beautiful Macao beach.
See typical Dominican villages.
Pick up time will be e-mailed.
What is included in the tour
Water, soft drinks, beer and rum
Fruits, coffee and chocolate
Transportation by safari truck
Go back in time and witness the traditional way of plowing the crop and how to transform the cane juice to the best Dominican rum.
A Dominican family will welcome you into their home and they will seduce your palate with exotic tropical fruits, coffee and chocolate.
Camera in hand, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages. Along the road you will see schools and famous “colmado”. Cruise across a sugar cane plantation. Go inside an artisan sugar cane mill, and watch an accurate reenactment of a colonial-era “trapiche” (wheel grinder) being pulled by oxen. This tour would not be complete without seeing how the master rolls the best Dominican cigars.
To complete this journey, visit a local family on their home. With smiles they invite you to their farm and their coffee plantation. Also, take a moment to taste the real cacao and many exotics fruits.
This cultural immersion is definitely the highlight of your vacation. To finalize the day take a dip in the beautiful Macao beach.
Adult: 65 USD
Over 12 years
Child: 40 USD
* Pick up directly in hotels
* Arrive to « Trapiche » for the explanation about sugarcane, its process throughout the years and the different products, the result of its transformation. At the cigar shack, see first -hand how Dominican roll the famous cigars.
* Route of the Cocoa and scenic route of the Eastern mountain range
* Arrival to Typical Countryside House, where the tour guides give an explanation about the coffee, cacao and different fruits. Sample of fresh coffee, chocolate and fruits and also a chance to purchase local products.
* Arrival to Macao Beach
* Approximate back to the hotels
SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Note: These times are approximate and may vary depending on the operation of the day
What to bring:
Extra money for tips and souvenirs.
Who cannot participate in the program:
- Pregnant women,
- People who suffer from heart conditions, disability and/or mobility problems.